Beginning in the Summer 2018 term (July 2018 exams), course exams will be written offsite (i.e., in the students’ home or office) using remote, live online proctoring provided by Examity. Exams will be recorded and may be retrieved and analyzed by CICBV, solely for the purpose of ensuring the integrity of the exams. Further information and instructions will be provided as soon as it becomes available.
IMPORTANT: Students are solely responsible for ensuring that the computer they will be using to write their Summer 2018 exam meets the following hardware requirements (absolutely no exceptions will be made):
- Desktop computer or laptop. Tablets are not permitted, and only 1 monitor is permitted in total
- Webcam, speakers and microphone (built-in or external), so that the online proctor can monitor you and communicate with you
- Connection to a network with sufficient internet speed: at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload (to test your internet speed, please use the test at this link: http://www.speedtest.net)
- Operating systems: Windows XP or newer, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – or newer
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled for the duration of the exam: Google Chrome v39 or later, Mozilla Firefox v34 or later, Internet Explorer v8 or later, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari v6 or later
- Microsoft Excel (or a program that can open and export Excel files)