Upon course registration all students are automatically registered for the course exam.
Students are required to select an exam location for each of the courses they are registered for. Please note that the default exam location will be set as the preferred address indicated by the student.
Please note that the Institute does not set exam centers in all cities. You will be sent to the closest exam center available no more than 200 km from your place of residence. York University will notify you the exact location of your exam approximately four weeks prior to the examination.
Students are responsible for informing the Institute of any special needs at the beginning of each term. Appropriate medical documentation should be included with the request, along with the specific arrangements being requested.
For more information see the Responding to the Needs of Registered Students -MQE Candidates with Disabilities.
If two examinations are scheduled for the same day, both must be written that day. Arrangements will be made to have one written earlier in the day.
Exam writing – Opt out
Students who are unable to write the exam must opt out by the deadline. Students who do not opt out to write the exam will not be eligible for the lower fee when re-enrolling for that specific course in the future terms. Students who opt-out are ineligible to write the exam in the current term.
Registered Students who opt out of writing the exam by the deadline may re-enroll at a lower fee in that course in the immediate subsequent term. Re-enrollment submissions are accepted when course registration is opened.
Examination results are released approximately seven weeks after the completion of all examinations. The results are posted here . Students will find their Examination results on the Student landing page.
Registered Students and MQE Candidates have an obligation to maintain the highest standards of academic honesty. Academic honesty requires that persons do not cheat by attempting to gain an improper advantage in an academic evaluation.
Suspected breaches of academic honesty will be investigated by the Institute and/or its designate, in accordance with the Academic Honesty policy of the Institute, and/or the rules and regulations of the university acting as the Institute’s designate.
The Institute’s current designate is York University. To see York University’s policy on Academic Honesty, please click on this link: http://secretariat-policies.info.yorku.ca/policies/academic-honesty-senate-policy-on.
For greater clarity, please refer to the CICBV’s Academic Honesty and Examination Rules policies here: https://cicbv.ca/policies/
Exam Performance Feedback
Exam performance feedback is available for students who wish to obtain feedback on their performance on the previous term exam, but do not wish to appeal their mark.
A request for exam performance feedback must be made by the exam opt-out deadline in the following term. (program calendar)
The exam performance feedback will be conducted at the availability of the course instructors. Response time will be determined by the instructor assigned to the feedback, and his/her availability. The feedback will comprise of:
- A review of the student’s exam responses to determine areas of strength and weakness
- A memo containing observations with respect to the student’s exam responses, including suggestions to potentially improve the student’s performance on future exams
The $300 (plus applicable taxes) fee for the exam performance feedback per course may be paid by credit card.
Feedback communication is final. Students will not receive additional materials or communication after the feedback communication is issued.
Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examination Appeal Process
To appeal go to: https://continue.yorku.ca/cicbv-examination-appeal/
Appeal requests will be accepted only in relation to a request for review of a failing grade.
- Appeal requests must be submitted by the deadline.
- Review and Appeal will be accepted only in relation to a request for review of a failing grade.
- Neither the examination “suggested solution” nor the examination marking key will be made available to Registered Students prior to the completion of all reviews and appeals for the related term.
- The Review and Appeal Process will entail the following:
- ensure that all answer books submitted by the student were received for marking;
- ensure that all question answers were marked and the final tally is correct;
- the answers to the examination are remarked;
- the student will receive:
- Their examination response paper, and
- A written question-by-question analysis of their responses, with some detail given as to where marks were lost;
- reviews and appeals will be dealt with by the Academic Advisor or an appropriate alternate designated by the Academic Advisor;
- students will only be advised whether the Review and Appeal resulted in a passing or failing grade. Students will not be advised of such grade achieved.
- The $250 (plus applicable taxes) fee for a Review and Appeal can be paid by credit card (online). The full fee will be refunded if a pass is awarded after the review. If you have any questions related to the appeals process please contact the York Program Office Assistant Hafez Khalili at 416-736-5130 or via email at email@example.com.
- The decisions of the Review and Appeal Process are final.