DESCRIPTION/RESPONSIBILITIES: Duff & Phelps is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting.
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at Duff & Phelps. Find out how our approach will change everything for YOU.
Duff & Phelps Canada, a leading independent firm, is looking to add professionals in its Toronto office to specialize in its Family Law practice group. Our practice is well known within the Canadian Family Law community and attracts important, complex, challenging matrimonial assignments in respect of high net worth individuals and business owners.
Representative assignments include the valuation of business interests, calculations of income pursuant to regulation, tracing of excluded property, assistance at mediation and in settlement discussions, preparation of reports for, and testimony at, trial or arbitration.
Interested candidates should have strong professional growth aspirations, hold client service first in a fast-paced environment and be attuned to business development in the longer term. Join our experienced team and together we’ll power the sound decisions that enhance value – yours and ours.
- Review and analysis of financial information, reporting findings to senior team members
- Providing guidance to legal counsel on key financial issues
- Creating financial models, cash flow analysis, completing business valuations, and other analyses as dictated by the needs of the client
- Preparation of written reports
- Review and critique of opposing experts’ reports
- Regular meetings with the practice group, with the aim of contributing to the growth of the practice
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Accounting or Mathematics
- Designation as a Chartered Public Accountant (CPA)
- Designation as a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), or enrollment in the program
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, including working in a valuation/litigation support practice
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of finance principles and financial statement analysis
- Demonstrated analytical, research, and quantitative skills
- Proven project management and presentation skills, including superior verbal and written communication skills
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Transparency. Confidence. Trust.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=56b084abb2bc38db1b87ecc338b9b113