Based in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Smythe LLP is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager or Principal to join our Advisory Group. As a key member of our senior management team, you will actively contribute to the success of the firm by delivering exceptional client service and working on unique challenges, while shaping the future of our growing team.
If you’re a team player, with a demonstrated ability to influence and execute at the senior level, while motivating and keeping your team engaged, we would love to hear from you!
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global, and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries. Our website is located at www.smytheadvisory.com
Our practice has grown significantly in the last two years and we expect this growth to continue. The ideal candidate will take a leadership role within our team, which is currently comprised of six CBVs and three CBV student candidates. As a member of the Advisory Group, you will work directly with clients, managers and partners to deliver exceptional service to internal and external clients.
- Prepare expert reports for dispute & litigation purposes, including family law, shareholder disputes, loss of opportunity claims and expropriation matters;
- Successfully lead divestiture processes on both an hourly and success fee basis;
- Advise partners and clients on financing and capital structure;
- Ensure the firm maintains a high level of technical capability;
- Cultivate relationships with lawyers and other referral sources;
- Provide support to the Smythe Advisory group;
- Maintain and develop relationships within the firm’s existing client base; and
- Coach and mentor CBV students.
- CBV designation;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant valuations and litigation support experience;
- Qualified as expert witness in the Supreme Court of BC or equivalent;
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- Analytical, adaptable and results driven;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; and
- Proven ability to deliver all valuation related services.
THE Smythe ADVANTAGE
Providing an exposure to a diverse range of business clients is integral to our continued success. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.