KPMG Professionals Are…Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
KPMG Forensic helps uncover the facts and create clarity when people and organizations do not agree, or where financial and business behaviour does not comply with expectations. Our professionals can offer support after an incident to help our clients investigate allegations of fraud and misconduct, quantify losses in a commercial dispute, provide expert witness services, and recover damages. We also get involved before any incident has occurred – to help address exploitable weaknesses in corporate processes and systems. Our national team includes investigative accountants, business valuators, analysts, forensic technology experts, former police officers and others with specialized skills.
KPMG Forensic is interested in hiring an experienced Senior Manager to join its GTA practice. This specialized group will give you a unique opportunity to apply and further develop your litigation and forensic and investigative accounting skills. The variety of assignments will provide you with exposure to many interesting and challenging situations.
This position is available to a CPA with minimum 7 years professional experience who is interested in continuing a career in the forensic and investigative accounting field. Your experience should include 2-4 years in a forensic role as well as 2+ years of assurance/audit experience. You will work closely with the practice leaders in carrying out investigations, quantifying damages, advising on fraud risk management, dealing with regulatory matters and similar assignments.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Partners in providing client service and carrying out the day-to-day field work on a variety of assignments. This includes achieving quality and timeliness of working papers and deliverables. The candidate will often be responsible for managing several engagements at one time.
- Performing detailed and often complex financial analysis.
- Assisting with interviews of individuals who have knowledge of, or are allegedly involved in, fraud or misconduct or other engagement related matters.
- Preparing file documentation and ensuring appropriate document management.
- Assisting with the preparation of written reports summarizing our procedures and findings.
- Assisting in establishing and monitoring project budgets, ensuring timely billing and collections, etc.
- Assisting the Partners in new client evaluation, engagement acceptance and related risk management practices.
- Some supervision of junior employees on engagements and administrative projects.
- Sharing in the administrative tasks related to the operation of KPMG Forensic.
- Actively participating in marketing and business development at a Senior Manager level, this will include developing your professional network, attending networking events, writing articles, preparing and delivering presentations and other activities to raise your profile within the business community.
* Experience has shown that the requirement for out of town travel in Canada or internationally on short notice will arise occasionally and may possibly involve extended travel periods.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviours:
- 7+ years of professional experience including 2-4 years in a forensic role and 2+ years of assurance/audit experience.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation required.
- Business degree required.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze large amounts of information.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access). Additionally, experience with data analytics, SQL database or forensic technology software such as Encase is an asset.
- Chartered Business Valuator designation, CA∙IFA designation and Certified Financial Forensics (CFF) credential are assets.
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre:
Phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778