The best opportunities to let your knowledge, talent and skills flourish.
PwC is your opportunity of a lifetime. As one of the world’s leading professional service networks with 26 offices across Canada, your skills, talents and knowledge will flourish. You’ll be inspired by the engaging work you do, the diverse people on your team, and the clients we serve – from world-renowned brands to innovative start-ups. As a team member, you’ll be learning and your insights will be embraced in an environment that values leadership and excellence.
Our Consulting & Deals Practice:
Our extensive selection of services provides business with the value they’re looking for. Our Consulting and Deals practices provide advice and assistance based on our financial, analytical and business process skills to enhance the performance of companies of all sizes. Whether it’s a proactive review of a client’s operations to improve performance or a valuation on a multi-million dollar, cross-border transaction, our Advisory Services professionals can help. Our clients recognize our ability to draw on our national and international network of professionals to put feet on the ground and deliver fast, proven results.
The Opportunity: Senior Associate, Valuations, Modelling and Disputes
Valuations are performed for a variety of purposes, including transaction pricing, regulatory and financial reporting, income tax or estate planning and strategic decision making. Some of our key valuation services include business valuations, intellectual property valuations, fairness opinions, financial modelling and purchase price allocations. Our clients come to us to help them understand the value of their business and its components.
Dispute analysis includes shareholders’ dispute, the provision of loss quantification estimates and financial analysis to a broad base of clients including lawyers, large corporations and insurance companies. Services are typically provided either in the context of a business dispute or litigation matter. Our clients use our services when they require a rigorous, independent financial assessment and, at times, expert testimony in court.
As a member of the Valuations, Modelling and Disputes (“VMD”) team, you will contribute to our client’s business decision process. Using skill sets relevant to both valuation and dispute related services, your contribution will involve the following:
- Understand the business/assets being valued, its historical and projected performance, as well as key strengths and challenges;
- Conduct financial research into industry and general economic conditions, valuation multiples for relevant public companies and precedent transactions;
- Engage clients in discussions around their business, including operations and financial items to further our valuation analysis;
- Prepare cash flow and valuation models to arrive at estimates of value; and
- Assist in report preparation.
- Understand the business and how the claim has affected the business;
- Quantify the amount lost in a clear and concise way;
- Assist in writing reports for court purposes to communicate the findings;
- Critique the work of opposing reports; and
- Assist counsel in cross-examining those opposing experts.
Successful candidates will have a strong financial background, superior verbal and written communication skills (English & French), an investigative mindset, strong technical and project management skills, an ability to analyze business situations and a professional and personable demeanour.
The successful candidate will have at least two years experience working in a professional services firm.
This role best suits a team player with a CPA designation (other accounting or finance based designations will be considered).
Progress towards completion of the Chartered Business Valuator and/or Chartered Financial Analyst designations would be an asset.
Be able to demonstrate through examples that you can:
- Build and sustain relationships
- Be passionate about client service
- Be curious; learn, share and innovate
- Lead and contribute to team success
- Communicate with impact and empathy
- Develop yourself and others through coaching
- Demonstrate courage and integrity
- Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
- Manage projects and economics
- Be open minded, agile with change and practical
Why Work for PwC
Whether you’re an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, you’ll have opportunities to continuously learn, grow and advance in your career within our network. Our diverse client mix gives you an opportunity to make a difference by working with clients across Canada and clients with a global reach. Take your career one step further with either short or long term assignments nationally or internationally within our network of 157 countries. PwC’s global reach can take your career across borders and provide you with the opportunity of a lifetime.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime