Job ID 17000577
Duff & Phelps is the premier global valuation and corporate finance advisor with expertise in complex valuation, disputes and investigations, M&A, restructuring, and compliance and regulatory consulting.
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help our clients make sound decisions. As an organization, we think globally—and encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that enables you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, make a real impact at Duff & Phelps. Find out how our approach will change everything for YOU.
Duff & Phelps Canada, a leading independent firm is looking to add professionals in its Toronto office to specialize in business valuation, financial loss / damages quantification and related forensic accounting services. Our Disputes and Investigations practices and our Valuation Advisory Services practices are well known across the country and attract important and challenging assignments. Interested candidates should have strong professional growth aspirations, hold client service first in a fast-paced environment and be attuned to business development in the longer term. The Canadian practice is an important part of the valuation and corporate financial advisory practice of the global Duff & Phelps firm.
Join our team and together we’ll power the sound decisions that enhance value – yours and ours.
As a leading global financial advisory and investment banking firm, Duff & Phelps leverages analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to help clients make sound decisions. In our Toronto office, we have over 30 professionals in the Disputes & Investigations practice. We currently have openings for senior associates to join our rapidly expanding forensic investigations practice. Duties may include the following:
- Work as a team member investigating instances of fraud, corruption and other financial impropriety;
- Analyze financial records to document fraudulent transactions and prepare expert witness reports;
- Work closely with forensic technology experts in obtaining and analyzing evidence relevant to issues being investigated;
- Prepare for and conduct investigative interviews;
- Prepare Court ready written reports;
- Work closely with Managing Directors and Directors in a rapidly growing practice area.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in forensic accounting, fraud investigation, audit, or related field;
- CPA-CA – audit background;
- Enrolled in or willing to enroll in University of Toronto DIFA program;
- Strong financial, analytical and investigative skills;
- Experience with managing, organizing and reviewing large amounts of data;
- Experience with forensic and investigative accounting matters – both in and out of the context of litigation;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Transparency. Confidence. Trust.