BDO’s Valuations practice is seeking a Manager or Senior Manager to join our growing team in Vancouver, British Columbia. The role is based in our Vancouver office; however, you will be working with our offices and clients across Western Canada so some travel may be required. BDO’s clients include private and public companies operating in a diverse range of industries.
The role will include providing business valuations in connection with Tax, Litigation Support, M&A, and Financial Reporting mandates. The Valuations group is part of BDO’s Financial Advisory Services group; you may also be asked to assist with Corporate Finance and Due Diligence assignments from time-to-time.
The primary responsibilities of the Valuations Manager/Senior Manager role include:
- Managing multiple engagements and completing client deliverables on time
- Working with team members to successfully execute engagements, including coaching and mentoring
- Reviewing and writing valuation reports
- Building and reviewing financial models, including discounted cash-flows, capitalized cash-flows, intangible asset models, tax calculations, WACC, comparable company and transaction analyses etc.
- Reviewing business plans, financial statements, shareholder agreements, asset/share purchase agreements etc.
- Industry and economic research
- Technical and marketing presentations
- Business development, including building relationships with BDO’s current and prospective clients.
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation completed, with a minimum of three years of public practice valuation experience
- Fair value financial reporting experience preferred (PPAs, impairments, financial instruments)
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation preferred, but not required
- Technical accounting knowledge in IFRS, ASPE and US GAAP preferred
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills commensurate with your level of experience
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business savvy, including general interest in the equity and debt markets, local and global economics, and general finance.
One Firm engaged to make a difference through valued relationships with our people, clients and communities.
Candidates can apply online via our website at https://careersen-bdo.icims.com/jobs/5406/manager—senior-manager%2c-valuations/jo