Investment Analyst, Value Creation & Analytics
Department: Infrastructure & Natural Resources
Are you curious to learn more about becoming a talented investment professional? Join the growing Value Creation & Analytics (VCA) team within our Infrastructure & Natural Resources (INR) group. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for building analytical insights at the portfolio level and wants to learn how we provide enhanced decision-making tools and capabilities to deliver on our strategy. Still curious?
As an Analyst, you will drive efficiencies and enhancements across INR’s business, particularly in asset valuations, portfolio construction and performance reporting. You will also ensure high quality information sharing between INR and internal partners and coordinate our participation in Fund-wide initiatives.
Who you’ll work with
Reporting to the Senior Principal, you will work with dedicated team members who perform the VCA overlay function to drive INR’s portfolio management activities. You will also closely collaborate with other groups in OTPP including Strategy & Risk, Investment Finance and other asset classes such as Private Capital.
The INR group is a highly-specialized private equity team that invests directly in global infrastructure and natural resources companies to deliver growing, inflation-linked cash flows over the long-term. Our team consists of over 45 investment professionals, with offices in Toronto, Canada and London, United Kingdom and an additional presence in Santiago, Chile. We manage a geographically diverse C$25 billion global investment portfolio with a mandate to grow.
What you’ll do
- Drive the production of portfolio construction-focused analytics
- Work with INR Investment Associates to analyze the performance of existing and potential assets
- Understand key assumptions, limitations or impediments to portfolio-level scenario analysis using asset-level forecasted cash flow models
- Collaborate with the Strategy & Risk group to analyze risk models and gather key insights on the risk attributes of our portfolio for use in portfolio construction analyses
- Conduct investment performance analysis for INR Senior Management to help inform decisions on target portfolio weights by sector, geography, return type, etc.
- Ensure a consistent, high quality and smooth valuation process by working with the
Investment Finance group to plan, schedule and deliver semi-annual asset valuations
- Help improve the technical consistency of INR’s valuations
- Lead activities to build Investment Finance’s knowledge of the sectors and regions in which we invest
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure that INR’s reporting addresses their needs
- Plan, refine and improve performance reporting to help ensure timely and optimal decisions at Investment Committee meetings
- Prepare and deliver timely and high quality reports to the CIO-led Committees and the OTPP Board
- Design, build and execute processes to ensure compliance with OTPP policies and guidelines
- Prepare analysis and agendas to support quarterly meetings between the VCA and its counterparts in Private Capital to share optimal operational practices
- Work cohesively with Private Capital, Public Equities and others to plan and deliver
What you’ll need
- Minimum 1 year experience, preferably in investment banking, valuations, principal investing or corporate development within an operating business
- Bachelor’s degree required, with the pursuit of a CFA or CBV designation considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills and a strong ability to collaborate and influence others in order to drive collective action across departments and achieve common goals
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and organizational skills and the ability to perform complex, in-depth financial analysis
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in timely manner while remaining detail oriented
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
What we’re offering
We operate in a pay-for-performance environment that offers a competitive salary and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
At Ontario Teachers’, diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride in ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we build reflect and celebrate a diversity of thought, background and experience.
Accommodations are available upon request for those with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Why wait? Submit your resume online today. www.otpp.com/careers
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. Note that a legal entitlement to work at this location is required.
Application to be submitted by
May 13, 2018