Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $300 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed half a trillion dollars by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are currently hiring an Associate/Manager within Investment Finance, Private Investments, and specifically with the Valuations Team. The Valuations Team has overall accountability of the valuation of all the private market investments at CPPIB. The Valuations Team performs independent quarterly valuations on CPPIB’s alternative assets portfolio which includes private market assets in Direct Private Equity, Natural Resources, Principal Credit Investments, Infrastructure, Funds, Secondaries, and Co-Investments and other private assets under Relationship Investing and Thematic Investing.
The Associate/Manager with the Valuations Team will be primarily accountable for the oversight of the day-to-day valuation work, supervise all valuation models and assumptions made, and independently builds and maintains complex models and document in well-written valuation reports. The Associate/Manager applies industry knowledge and experience to both modelling and report writing and designs internal controls to help identify and manage valuation risks.
- Provide leadership and guidance in planning and executing the quarterly valuation processes and provide insightful valuation analysis to proactively identify material quarterly valuation movements
- Research, analyze, and evaluate investments within the private markets portfolio across different asset classes (private equity, infrastructure and private debt)
- Build complex dynamic financial models to value investments, challenge assumptions and test sensitivities
- Stratify and analyze large data sets to identify historical performance trends, detect correlations, identify key value drivers and perform calibration
- Prepare detailed valuation reports and valuation highlights for inclusion in Valuation Committee, Audit Committee and other board level reporting
- Train, mentor, review and validate financial models prepared by junior staff
- Monitor global market events (eg. Brexit), and quickly design valuation sensitivities and tests to assess the impact on the portfolio on a macro-basis
- Undergraduate or Master’s University Degree
- Completion or near completion of the Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation
- Professional designations such as a CPA, CFA, MBA are considered an asset
- Expert in fair value accounting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Minimum of 5 to 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of private markets, with a focus on debt instruments and/or infrastructure
- Sector specific experience within financial services and insurance would be considered an asset
- Strong technical skills and investment industry knowledge
- Excellent research, financial modelling, analytical and valuation skills
- Advanced Excel skills, programming skills, and comfortable learning new systems
- Team player who enjoys working in a high performing culture and is open to evolving and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach a high performing team, ability to coach junior staff in modeling and financial analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with high degree of professionalism
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership & high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.