At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. We are looking for positive people who bring a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to join us.
Rocky Mountaineer is proud to work with a strong team of talented individuals. We were recently named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies and have won Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada multiple times.
As an integral member of the Corporate Development team, the Analyst, Deal Execution is an entrepreneurial individual who will be expected to support the Senior Manager, Deal Execution and Competitive Intelligence, to evaluate and assess inorganic growth opportunities that align with Rocky Mountaineer’s strategic growth plans. The individual will be expected to participate in and support the execution of the company’s M&A opportunities.
The Analyst, Deal Execution reports to the Senior Manager, Deal Execution and Competitive Intelligence and will occasionally work with other members of the Corporate Development Team on ad-hoc special projects.
You will be responsible for…..
- Strong understanding of overall investment strategy and screening criteria
- Analyzing corporate development opportunities and strategic initiatives:
- Support the evaluation and prioritization of inorganic opportunities
- Create complex financial models and perform detailed financial and valuation analysis on potential acquisitions and other strategic initiatives
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop a clear investment rationale beyond the numbers
- Prepare concise and robust memos articulating investment assumptions, calculations and rationale
- Communicate findings to the Corporate Development Leadership Team in a meaningful format and manner
- authoring effective screening, deal alert and investment memorandums, and assist in coordinating the internal review/approval process
- Supporting the deal execution of qualified acquisitions:
- Support the execution of the acquisition / new venture life-cycle: analysis, modeling, due diligence, structuring, documentation, negotiation, legal considerations, and investment committee presentations
- Support in the project management of due diligence teams of internal and external resources
- Develop strong relationships with deal makers, intermediaries and investment community
- Draft pitchbooks and external investment collateral, as required
- Support in identifying and securing required funding for inorganic opportunities
- Work with the Corporate Development team to determine alignment of new opportunities to overall corporate growth strategy
- Support ad-hoc special projects originating directly from the Office of the President
You will have……
- Up to 1 to 3 years of related experience in corporate acquisitions, deal making, private equity, and/or investment banking
- Business or other relevant undergrad degree required. CFA, CBV, CPA or MBA is an asset
- Strong financial modelling and valuation skills
- Strong project and relationship management skills
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook and advanced Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional financial acumen and financial analysis skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner
- Pragmatic and “roll up sleeves” mentality, can do attitude, results driven, strong work ethic
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, occasionally with limited notice period. International travel will be required
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate at:
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our hiring process.